- Shipping & Returns
Best-in-class therapy time and weight balances the needs of the patient and the clinician; the BREG Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit is easy to use, feature-rich design makes it an excellent choice for hospital use. High flow rates ensure even temperature distribution. Depending on your patient-specific protocol, with nothing more than an initial fill of ice and water, your patients can enjoy up to 8-10 hours of motorized cold therapy according to their comfort level.
Optional Kodiak Battery Pack for portability.
NOTE: The Kodiak Cold Therapy units MUST USE KODIAK INTELLI-FLO PADS.
OPEN-BOX - This is a new unit; however, it may come repackaged - Covered by a 6 Month Replacement Warranty
Indications and Uses:
- Post Operative
- Arthroscopic Procedures
- Reconstructive Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chronic Pain
- Physical Therapy
- High flow rates ensure even temperature distribution
- Whisper-quiet pump technology allows your patient to rest easy
- Durable, robust construction provides peace of mind
- Best-in-class therapy time and weight balance increases efficiency
- How to Use Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit Instructions
- Cold Therapy Return Policy
Intelli-Flo Treatment Pads:
These revolutionary pads offer hassle-free temperature regulation specific to each treatment area, allowing consistent cold delivery. The ergonomic design provides exceptional coverage, static compression, and patient comfort. Intelli-Flo Pads are compatible with Polar Care Kodiak only. Note: An insulation barrier must be applied between the Intelli-Flo Pads and the patient's skin.
Using the Breg Polar Therapy System
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal performance.
- It is recommended to drain the Cold Therapy Pad between uses. Hold the Cold Therapy Pad upright with the hose pointed toward the ground to drain the pad. Depress the black plunger and allow water to drain out of the pad.
- You may disconnect the Cold Therapy Pad from the unit without removing the pad from the affected area by depressing the silver tabs on the hose coupling and gently pulling the hoses apart. The Breg Polar Care Cold Therapy Pad and unit will seal itself and not leak.
Note: Some dripping during release is normal.
- DO NOT RUN THE PUMP WITHOUT WATER! The pump in this unit is designed to run with water. Running the unit without water will cause permanent damage to the pump.
- Unplug the unit before removing the lid.
Cleaning your Polar Care Unit
- After use, empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth.
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used occasionally to clean the pump and tubes.
- Polar Care Kodiak can be cold enough to cause serious injury, including full skin necrosis.
- Follow the Operating Instructions and carefully read the Product Insert (see pouch on the side of the unit) and the Intelli-Flo Pad Fitting Instructions (provided with each Cold Therapy Pad) before use.
|CAUTION, WARNINGS, and Requirements:
Cryotherapy should not be used by persons with Diabetes, Raynaud's or other vasospastic diseases, cold hypersensitivity, or compromised local circulation. Please consult with your healthcare provider. Please consult your doctor if you are Diabetic or suffer from poor circulation or neuropathic (nerve) disorders. THIS DEVICE CAN BE COLD ENOUGH TO CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY.
You must agree to the statement below before purchasing this product:
Please read carefully before purchasing: By purchasing this system, you certify that you are a qualified medical professional or currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed a Cold Therapy product. You agree to read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. You understand that the user will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this item. You agree to contact a physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by the use of this device. You understand that Source Cold Therapy is only a distributor of the product and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. Furthermore, Source Cold Therapy cannot provide specific details as to the product's application or use, other than is provided in the product documentation, developed by this product manufacturer. By clicking "Add to Cart" you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true. Warranty And Return Information: Cold Therapy Returns Due to the medical nature of this product, we cannot accept returns on this product. Defective units are covered under the manufacturer's warranty and a warranty replacement will be issued.
SourceColdTherapy offers several shipping options to help ensure that patients receive their cold therapy units and accessories ontime for their surgeries. For more information please read our Shipping Page
Due to the medical nature of this product, we cannot accept returns on this product. Defective units are covered under the manufacturer's warranty, and a warranty replacement will be issued.
Due to the medical nature of our cold therapy products, Souce Cold Therapy is unable to accept returns or exchanges for any cold therapy machines and cold therapy pads. However, this cold therapy device is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty.
Breg Inc. Cold Therapy Warranty Policy:
Cooler: 6 Month Warranty
Pads: 1 Month Warranty
If your device, pad, or part is malfunctioning or leaking, Source Cold Therapy will gladly replace it with the same new, unused device, pad, or part within the warranty period. For more details and specifics to each manufacturer's unique expressed and implied product warranties, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Please contact Source Cold Therapy (866-425-3209) with questions or comments regarding our cold therapy return policy. You can also view our entire return policy here.